Bomb Threat and Suspicious Device
Once the Building Management Office has been notified of a bomb threat, it is our policy to advise your firm’s manager or senior officer. It is up to the manager or senior officer to decide whether it is appropriate to evacuate the office.
Bomb Threat Procedure
If you receive a bomb threat by telephone, obtain the following information from the caller:
- Exact location of the device.
- Time set for explosion;
- Description of the device;
- Reason the caller has placed the bomb;
- Exact words used by the caller.
- Caller’s name
Note the following:
- Time of call
- Was the caller male or female
- Describe voice and accent
- Background noises
- Was the caller angry or show other emotions
Upon hanging up with the caller:
- Call 911
- Inform Front Desk immediately at 202 466 4067.
- Notify your supervisor.
- The Building Management Office will notify all tenant companies; in addition, handouts will be given to all persons entering the lobby to inform them of the bomb threat.
- If advised to evacuate by your senior officer, do so quickly, and move at least three (3) blocks away.
Suspicious Device Procedure
- Do not attempt to move or touch it.
- Ensure that all mobile phones/radio devices within 150 feet of the package are shut off.
- Call 911.
- Inform the Front Desk immediately at 202 466 4067.
- Evacuation of the immediate area is the responsibility of the Tenant.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
Take advantage of additional training and resources to build your knowledge and preparedness. Sign in to Preparis to view the multimedia training presentations.